Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Gallery Wall


We enrolled our 3 1/2 year old in a week long art class not long ago. I was so excited to see what he would create and for him to have his first little school experience. A couple of days before class we started warming him up to the idea and he informed us that he would be displaying the resulting artwork in a museam. Precious! We didn't want to squelch that lovely dream of his, so the idea of a "gallery wall" was floated. I chose a few of his most fabulous pieces and together we picked out frames at Target. George is so proud of his new wall and I love it in a way maybe only a mother does. It makes me smile every time I walk by and it reminds me that these kinds of things are what really make a home. I can only hope he'll carry this new found love of art throughout his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment